Loon Lake

4:41 PM


Every year since I can remember I have come to Loon Lake. It is almost like my year would be incomplete if I didn't make it back to the Adirondacks. This year I was able to come out for a whole 20 DAYS! :) Chloe experienced a few new firsts while being miles away from home and being away from Daddy. She can now sit completely on her own, and can roll from tummy to back and back to tummy. She loves doing kissy faces and started blowing raspberries. She also experienced swimming in Loon Lake which she surprisingly loved! She has definitely turned into her own little person and I love seeing her personality come out. It has been an amazing break from normal life especially since there was an on call babysitter (aka grandma) :). Hopefully Tanner and I can keep the tradition alive and make it out here every year because I love it!

Here is a montage of what happened:

Martha's soft serve, hot sunny lake days, Chestertown farmers market, fireworks, wake boarding, water skiing, tubing, kayaking, Katy Perry movie, pizza, more soft serve, monopoly, BBQ, baby cousins playing in the plastic swimming pool, fear of mice and spiders, late night McDonald's runs, thunderstorms, golfing (boys), pedi/mani (girls), campfire/smores, scary face puzzle, sunsets, hiking Stewart's Mountain, reading, boat rides, family basketball game, tennis, Hill Cumorah Pageant, Sacred Grove, Joseph Smith House, Palmyra church sites, Chill and Grill, Batman movie, dominoes, hearts, swimming, date night with hubby to outback and outlets,  killing 6 mice and a ton of spiders (yuck), camping feel, lots of french braiding and french toast, GREAT VACATION!

Those are not clouds in this picture but a huge fire close to where we live! This was the view out my car window while driving to the airport... luckily we still had a place to live when we got home! ;)

First time in Loon Lake! She LOVED it!

Beach Babe

Grandma and Chloe


Bradley liked eating the sand at the beach.


The Newlyweds :)

I wake boarded and skied but Tanner never got a chance to this year.


My attempt to get a picture of Tanner... smooth one.

The cabin was built in the 1920's so it is basically camping.

Front view of the cabin... about to fall apart!

My Uncle's brand new cabin next door... I snuck in some showers from this place a few times.


Tanner and I went tubing but I'm a wimp so below is the highest we got.




Peter Whitmer Farm

Top of Hill Cumorah

Joseph Smith's house

The family minus mom and babies

Joseph Smith's Farm

I loved the stained glass windows of the Palmyra Temple. They reminded me of the Sacred Grove.


My little girl is sitting all on her own




Grandpa and Chloe
I was SO grateful Tanner was with me on the flight home. Chloe slept a total of about an hour 1/2 the whole day! She was a little overtired by bedtime.  Glad that day is over. :)

A rainbow and rainstorm welcomed us home to Springville


 So happy to be home! :)





You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images