Valentines Day

10:07 PM

Tanner's busiest day of the week is Thursday which Valentines day fell on this year. We both decided to pretend that Thursday was an ordinary day and that we were going to celebrate it Friday. Valentines day is seriously my favorite holiday. We did exchange one gift to each other on Thursday night... Tanner gave me See's (YUM!) and I gave him a pre-planned date for every month of the year. My love language is quality time so I am excited to spend time together on these unique dates... I'm anxious for him to open them all...
 
 


Friday morning, Tanner came home from work and surprised me with einsteins!
 
Instead of going out to a restaurant this year, I decided to make a fancy dinner at home.... aka stress galore. I attempted to take on a salmon recipe my sister gave me and it turned out perfect. I was so pleased with myself and Tanner was pretty impressed. Mission accomplished. He surprised me with a dozen red roses (from an actual florist and not Walmart!!) and chocolate covered strawberries were for dessert.




After the movie, Tanner did the dishes and I put Chloe to bed. My sister offered to listen for Chloe (it's so nice having her live upstairs!) and we went to the movie, "Safe Haven".  The movie was surprisingly better than I expected and there were parts where I was at the edge of my seat... not to mention crying. Tanner also surprised me with a heart necklace with sapphires and diamonds... sorry I didn't take a picture. I got him a year subscription to ESPN magazine. Once again, I love Valentines day and Tanner knows that so we really try to make it special. It is crazy to think that we have spent 5 Valentines together and I can honestly say that each year it gets better.

 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images