13.1 miles

6:41 PM

I can finally say that I can mark a half marathon off of my bucket list. I ran the Provo City half marathon in 2:33:54. I was hoping to come in before 2 1/2 hours but hey I barely went over and I am pretty proud of myself for even finishing! Mile 10 and ll were the hardest for me. Luckily I had an amazing support group (my family) to push me to the end.
About 10 weeks ago, my friend asked me if I wanted to run the half marathon with her. I said yes obviously but had no idea what I was really in for. I trained off and on but probably not as well as I could have. The morning of the race arrived and Terie and her husband picked me up at 4:05 AM! It was FREEZING! We boarded the first bus because they bribed us with prizes to arrive early... BUT... we ended up being tortured up in Provo Canyon for 2 hours (5AM-7AM) waiting for the race to start. There were about 7 campfires burning to provide warmth but there were probably 30 people fighting for some space by each fire. My legs and joints were so stiff and cold that I didn't know how I was about to run 13.1 miles.
Terie and I started off with the pace of finishing in 2 hours and 20 minutes. We stayed together for the first 4 miles and then I needed to use the bathroom so I let Terie go ahead...and I never quite caught up with her. Her husband who also ran the race finished in at 2:13 and Terie finished around 2:23. I was grateful for the water and fuel stations and I took the opportunity to walk. I am proud of my time and know that I will be extremely sore tomorrow... I already am! My dad, Michelle, and Tanner cheered for me along the way, first at the 9 mile mark, and then at the ll mile mark. At the finish, Paul and Gina were waiting along with the people I already mentioned. Bradley and Chloe were perfect cheerleaders as well! I was so happy to finish as you can tell from these pictures. We will see if I will have the courage to do another race any time soon!




My friend, Terie, is all smiles

9 mile marker




Terie at the finish line!

Terie is with her husband, Morgan.

Finally at the finish line!






I have the most supportive husband!

My cheer squad!






You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images