Thanksgiving and Christmas

9:28 AM

 The holidays were very interesting this year. On thanksgiving I was sick (due to pregnancy) and couldn't really enjoy the day like I had hoped. We spent thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Hales' house. I set up the tripod and took some family pictures of the family before we sat down for the big feast. It was a little difficult getting the children to look at the camera at the same time and be happy but I think we got a few good ones. Later we split up and took turns going to see "Hunger Games" in the theater so that the babysitting duty could be split up. Tanner and I splurged on black Friday and bought ourselves a mattress from RC Willey for Christmas. It is probably the best Christmas present ever. The weekend got me excited to put up my Christmas tree. 


Chloe loved helping me put the Christmas tree up this year. I should say though that almost every ornament I put up she wanted to take off and hold. She loves playing with her toy nativity that sits underneath the tree. 
 
 We spent Christmas this year in warm Mesa with the Cluffs. Chloe and I flew out on the 18th and Tanner drove out on the 20th. It was so fun to see family and to experience the traditions that they do.  It is tradition for Papa to take the kids and grand kids around town in the lit up firetruck. Chloe was already asleep when this was going on but I was able to snap a picture. It will be sad when he retires and won't be able to do it anymore. 
We ate out a ton to cheesecake factory, Oregano's, Pirates, Chik-Fil-A, Outback, and more. Tanner, Nana, Papa, and I took Chloe to her very first movie, "Frozen" in the movie theater. She did awesome and sat there eating her three bags of popcorn! After the movie, I started to feel really nauseous and I just thought it was pregnancy related. I was about 10 weeks along. The next day was Christmas Eve and I was still feeling very nauseous. I couldn't get myself to eat anything except a few crackers and Gatorade. For dinner on Christmas Eve they had Mexican food and Christy's delicious tamales which I so desperately wanted to eat. I had tanner make me a small plate of some Mexican rice and one tamale as I sat in Nana and Papa's room watching a movie. I picked at my plate and knew what was about to happen. I ran to the bathroom and sure enough, I threw up four times. I must say that I felt much better at that moment... weak... but MUCH better. Tanner tucked me in bed in our room and I watched "What to expect when you're expecting" ironically enough while everyone else was out visiting and enjoying Christmas Eve together. I did come out just for a present exchange with the siblings but that was about it. I didn't want to expose anyone to his horrible bug. I was just so grateful for Tanner for all that he did with helping with Chloe and for comforting me. He is the best. 
The next morning I was hopeful that I was feeling better. Chloe didn't wake up til 9 AM! All the Cluffs came over pretty early to open presents because Uncle Chris was going to be calling early from his mission in Portugal. It was a fun morning talking with Chris, opening presents, and enjoying breakfast with the neighbors. Chloe actually loved ripping her presents open and wanted to play with her toys right away. Chloe got a cute Minnie mouse outfit and a poke-a-dot book from Nana and Papa. Santa gave Chloe a baby swing and baby carrier for her baby dolls. I ended up throwing up again later that day a few times and had lingering nausea until I left for home on the 29th. On the drive home, Chloe caught my bug and threw up twice in the car. Let's just say it was an adventure and hope that there will be better Christmases to come.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images