Half way

9:45 AM

  It is March and raining! It has been a very tame winter this year and I am not complaining. Chloe and I have already enjoyed a few days at the park and it is only March 4th. Let's just hope it doesn't snow again. 

I am officially half way in my pregnancy with baby #2! The pictures below are me at 19 weeks both with Chloe and with the second baby. The one on the right is of me with Chloe. I think it is fun to compare pictures. I just pray and hope that this baby is not quite as big as Chloe and that the delivery runs smoothly this time.


I feel bad that I am not taking as many pictures as I did with Chloe but I guess that is because I am tiiiiirrred and chasing a two year old now. I am excited to announce that we are having a little BOY! We have no clue about names... in fact he might come home from the hospital without a name because boy names are so hard to decide. I keep changing my mind where with Chloe it was so easy... Tanner and I just both loved that name. I am starting to feel more and more flutters. He is carrying way lower than Chloe was and my biggest complaint is that I am tired. 
The doctors found two things on the ultrasound to be aware of. He has a choroid plexus cyst on his brain which is a soft marker for the chromosomal abnormality Trisomy 18. The other thing is that my placenta has a tiny bleed which the doctor called, "retroplacental fluid". Basically it can be dangerous because the baby may not be getting all the nutrients he needs to grow and develop properly. The doctor didn't seem too worried about either of them. I am going back for another ultrasound in 6 weeks at the hospital. 
The minute I left the doctor's office I started to cry. I know I am so emotional because I am pregnant but I hate worrying about something that possibly could be nothing. There really isn't anything I can do anyways. I was also upset that I would be returning to maternal fetal medicine at the hospital where I went to see the twins every week. It just has bad memories but it will be hard to not be emotional. I am doing my best to rest, drink my fluids and to not pick up my 40 lb toddler as much but it hard. I will feel much better after 6 weeks when I find out more about these two things. Besides that the ultrasound looked great and his heart is still beating. Pregnancy is such an emotional roller coaster. Our little family is so excited to welcome him into our family and Chloe keeps saying, "baby in mommy's tummy".  I have many exciting decorating ideas for his room and for Chloe's big girl room that I am anxious and excited to start those two projects... with help of course.
20 weeks down... 20 weeks to go.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images