I love you Chloe

11:56 AM

This post is all about Chloe.  Soon there will be a little baby who will be hogging my attention so I want to make sure I write down all the special things I love (and don't necessarily love) about my Chloe girl. 

Chloe you are a smart, energetic, loving, passionate, and curious little girl. Even though this stage of the terrible twos can be SO hard sometimes, I wouldn't change anything. I know that some day you will grow up so I try to cherish the toddler days ... tantrums and all. 

You have a voice and you make sure that it is heard. You are so determined and passionate about life that you are not afraid to scream at the top of your lungs to achieve what you want. At the moment, you love to hoard your toys and not share (we are working on it) but at the same time you have a loving nature with everyone around you. You crave playing time with your cousin, Bradley, and will openly give him hugs if he will allow. You are so sweet and loving to your MANY baby dolls. You already have that nurturing characteristic. You even nurture Mommy sometimes. I will miss your kisses and hugs around the neck. The way you smoosh your face up against mine so hard that it hurts. Please don't ever loose your compassion and love for people. 

You are very particular about what seat you sit in at the table or your spot on the couch. "Mine" and "no" seem to be popular among your vocabulary.  You absolutely hate being dirty but don't seem to mind being poopy... or maybe it is just that you loathe getting your diaper changed which is still a mystery to me. You love playing dress up in your Rapunzel dress that your Aunt Jaclyn gave you and will twirl around saying, "minnierella!". Any dress is a "princess dress" to you. When mommy wears a skirt, she is wearing a "princess dress." I love that feminine side of you. You love to wear mommy's scarves and necklaces (which you call bracelets). You tolerate getting your hair done because you want to wear pony tails like Daisy and bows like Minnie Mouse. Every time you hear the song, "Let it go" from the movie Frozen you get the biggest smile on your face and immediately want to start singing along. Dancing and singing are two of your favorite things. You always want to dance WITH someone so you grab either daddy or my hands and push us along. You love puzzles but usually need help so you plead, "help you" "help you" until someone agrees to help you with your puzzle, game, or toy. 

Getting ready for bed is probably my favorite time with you. Not because I know you will be asleep within the hour but because it is an hour of one on one time where we are both focused on each other. Some nights it is a struggle to get pj's on because you know that it entails getting your diaper changed but usually once that is over you get excited to read books and brush your teeth. Since I am 8 months pregnant now and can't really have you sit on my lap while we read books, we either lay on the ground with our heads together or you sit by me on the floor... we make it work. I have to stop you after five books or you could read your entire library which would take all night. You insist on climbing into the crib on your own which you can't exactly do yet and always end up getting help anyways. After you are in your crib, you get tucked in with your blankets, teddy bears, and puppy and I start to sing the song. The song being, "I know my heavenly father loves me." It HAS to be that song and no other. Sometimes you sing along with me which melts my heart. You may ask for a drink of milk or water and then lastly we blow kisses and say "love you" to each other. It is the best. I know that when you become older, our conversations will become longer and it will always be our special time to talk. For now you blow me kisses night night and say, "I love you" but that is all I need. 

Life with a two year old is definitely an emotional roller coaster.  You push my limits yet you can also become the most lovable thing there is. Some day I will sleep and feel rested. Some day I will go through 24 hours without getting a stain on my clothes. Some day I will crave the kisses and hugs that you give me now. Some day I will miss the way you ran from one place to other with your tiny legs. Some day I will miss you serenading me to sleep with your toddler voice. As the days go by I see you grow up by the minute and it makes me sad. Don't grow up too fast little Chloe. Explore your world as a two year old and I'll be there along side you. Helping you and guiding you the best that I can. I am your mother after all and even though I might seem tough and mean at times, I always love you. Always and Forever.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images