William's Birth Story

12:18 PM

The night before I was going to be induced with you, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned like it was Christmas Eve. I was feeling a mix of emotions between excitement and nervousness. Your older sister's birth made me terrified. I wasn't sure what to expect with you and could only compare to the traumatic birth of Chloe. Your Dad and I woke up at 5:30 AM July 18th to get ready to drive to the hospital. I was silent. It was still dark outside with a cool summer breeze. We were supposed to report to the Hospital at 6:15. We pulled into the Hospital parking lot and I silently held my emotions inside... I was scared.
We got settled into our room and it hit me that this was going to be the day and room that I will meet you for the first time. All of my fears started to slip away as a sense of calm rushed over me. Everything was going to be okay. I was in a hospital with nurses and doctors. My nurse was named Julia and she was the perfect fit for me. She was older and she cared for me in a motherly way. She came in to check on  me and your Dad probably every fifteen minutes to see if we needed anything. The beginning of the day started to drag because I wasn't dilating as quickly as I hoped. Your Dad and I discussed names and watched TV to pass the time.  Grandma Hales and Chloe came to visit us and I couldn't keep my emotions inside.  I started to break down and cry. I desperately wanted the day to be over. My adrenaline and anxiety caused me to get the shakes really bad. Once I got the epidural and the doctor broke my water I was dilated to a 4. I wasn't sure if I was going to meet you that day... it was taking forever. Literally about an hour later I started to feel pressure and I had a nurse check and I was dilated to a 8! I got so excited! Ten minutes passed and I was dialed to a 10! It all came so fast at the end. My doctor had ran home and so I had to patiently wait for her to come back when all I wanted to do was push! It was almost 4:00 PM and I was mentally preparing myself to have to push for an hour. You came out in two contractions! I was so happy! They put you on my chest and I wasn't sure what to do since they whisked Chloe away right after birth. You cried and cried for about twenty minutes. Daddy cut your chord. You immediately latched on and started breastfeeding. I couldn't have asked for a better delivery. My prayers were answered. We both survived. 
You were born at 4:01 PM on July 18th, 2014 in Provo, Utah. You weighed 8 lb 9 oz and was 21.5 inches tall. 
After you cuddled with me for a little bit, you went with the nurses to have your first bath. Grandma returned with Chloe along with Aunt Michelle and Grandpa Hales to come see you.  We found out that your birth was so fast that you broke your right clavicle. You also had a little bit of jaundice but nothing to worry about. You are perfect. I instantly fell in love with you and we are so happy to welcome you to our family. We love you William Dean Cluff.
























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images