Easter

2:25 PM

Spring... Easter... family... I love it all.
I love Spring because it is new beginnings and spring cleaning.
 Strawberries and blossoming trees.
Tulips and fresh air running through the house.
Family gatherings around Easter festivities are probably my favorite.


This year the Cluff family came up from Arizona for General Conference which just so happened to fall on Easter Sunday this year. It was perfect. I have decided that General Conference can be on Easter every year and I would be perfectly happy. I loved spending the day with family in pajamas and listening to the prophet.  What better way to remember Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice than by listening to inspired apostles.
Since The Cluffs were here for Easter, we celebrated Easter with my parents the week before. Chloe and William opened their baskets from Grandma and Grandpa and we had a delicious meal. Chloe  had a little egg hunt by herself in the backyard. Easter was more fun this year because Chloe is starting to really understand who the Easter Bunny is and get excited about dying Easter eggs and hunting for them. She is especially excited about all the candy!
 On the actual Easter morning Chloe woke up and saw what the Easter Bunny had left her which included a Minnie mouse dress that she fell in love with at Sams Club, play dough, a book, and candy galore! We had an Easter egg hung  with Bradley and Charlie in the backyard. Chloe was fast at finding the eggs and would get mad when she couldn't find any.  She had plenty of eggs full of candy by the end.  I'll probably use it for potty training bribery later. After listening to Conference, we had a delicious Ham dinner that was so yummy. Even though we were hosting, I hardly did any work because there were so many people to help make dinner... and we had help from Costco. When the Cluff cousins arrived, we had another Easter egg Hunt that was done by Nana and Papa. William and Lucy went first, then Chloe and Emma, and lastly Hunter and Porter. We did the usual things we do when the Cluffs visit. We played card games, watched movies, and ate lots of  yummy food. Chris just came home from his mission in Portugal and brought up his girlfriend, Leslie. It was fun getting to know her better.
When the Cluffs left the next day, we were fortunate enough to have Nana stay with us for a couple of days so she could drive Tanner back to Arizona. One of the days we met up with Katie Wellington and her daughter, Halle at Thanksgiving Point. We explored the Tulip Festival and then headed over to the Museum of Natural Curiosity. We loved having Nana all to ourselves for a couple of days. Chloe was sad when she realized that no one was going to be sharing her room for a while.
Overall, Easter was wonderful to say the least. I feel so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my redeemer and I love him. I feel peace in His atoning sacrifice. I am thankful for the knowledge I have of His atonement in my life.







































You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images