Our Los Angeles visit

2:25 PM


To split up our time in Arizona without daddy, I decided to visit my sister and brother in Los Angeles. I was a little nervous about driving from Mesa to LA alone with my two kids but we made it! That first day we arrived, we went grocery shopping and got settled and ordered pizza. We went to a park that was close to Jaclyn's apartment and let the kids run around since they were in the car for five hours that day. They had the coolest swing there that had bars in front that looked like a roller coaster seat.













The next day we headed to the Beach in Malibu. I didn't bring my camera because I was nervous about the sand ruining my camera and now I regret it. At first it was 60 degrees and foggy but a couple hours into being there it started to clear up and become warm. Chloe loved chasing the waves and building sand castles with Uncle Andrew and William loved eating the sand. It was a good day. Oh except for the fact that we all got burnt to a crisp afterwards. The clouds deceived me. That night we just ate spaghetti and Jaclyn's studio apartment and then Andrew and I took the kids for walk around the cutest neighborhood. The kids and I can only take so much time inside her tiny space. There is a water canal that has ducks in it that Chloe loved. Every time we stepped out of her apartment she would ask to look at the ducks.

The next day we spent the day at the planetarium at the observatory. It was a really hot muggy day but Chloe was amazed by the show we went to inside the planetarium. She sat there and soaked up the stars and planets while William fussed and occasionally breast fed in the dark room. We had to snap a picture in front of the Hollywood sign and of LA. That night we were all exhausted from the hot sun that we stayed inside and ordered Chinese food. The kids went to bed early and Jaclyn and I watched a chick flick before nodding off ourselves. Jaclyn got a taste of how exhausting babies and toddlers can be. I loved seeing her and Andrew and can't wait for our trip in the fall when it is just siblings and no babies. We will actually be able to sleep in past six in the morning. After three wonderful days spent in sunny California, the kids and I headed back to Mesa where the 110 degree weather was waiting for us.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images