Baby News

12:15 PM

I knew I had a high risk pregnancy with mono-mono twins but I never thought I was the 50% that would have to go through what I have the past couple of weeks. I guess that is what comes with an optimistic personality and a "Pollyanna" mom. I am grateful for the support that I have had from my family and friends. Tanner and I have been through a huge roller coaster that we pray we won't have to go through again.
We figured we should tell people the story so that everyone knows what is going on with us at the moment. The news came on my birthday September 24th, at our 1:00 appointment. I had two Dr. appointments that day, one in the morning with my regular OBGYN, and another one at the hospital later that day. The earlier one went normal, and everything was fine. The second one is where we found out that our sweet babies had a 2% chance of making it. As the doctor was explaining to us what she was seeing I couldn't help but spill emotion as I was trying to comprehend what she was saying. Baby A had a cist in it's bladder and umbilical cord causing the bladder to be huge, not allowing fluid to release. Baby B's heart was failing because it was not getting enough nutrients. They suspect that it could possibly be because they were wrapped around cords but it was hard to tell with the ultrasound. The next option was to wait for the babies inside to die while I went home and tried to live life normally. Two weeks went by and by this time I was supposed to be 14 (almost 15) weeks. At our doctor's appointment on Thursday October 7th we found out that their precious hearts had stopped beating and had measured at only 13 weeks. The doctor then explained our options and I don't remember listening to her which makes me grateful for Tanner who I like to think is much stronger than I am.
The next day (Friday October 8th), I went in for a D&C surgery at 7:30 AM. I left the hospital around 4:30 pm and the surgery went very well. 5 minutes after waking up from Anesthesia I was surrounded with love from my family and my amazing husband.
This experience has brought Tanner and I closer together as we have turned to each other for comfort. I am grateful for the gospel and every day I feel my Heavenly Father as he encompasses me with his love. I can't imagine going through trials like this and not knowing that I have him always there to turn to. I know that Tanner and I will be able to have a family and that now is just not the right time. We are looking forward to our time together to grow as a married couple.
Thank you for the support and tremendous amount of love we have received. Thank you for making our life easier. We love our family and friends so much.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images