Our second home sweet home

11:02 AM






I finally had enough energy and determination to clean the apartment and after wards I wanted to take pictures :). My favorite part about our new home is the kitchen because it is big (for a Provo apartment). I love to cook and so does Tanner so there is just enough room for both of us to cook together. I also put up a few halloween decorations. This is my FAVORITE time of year so I love decorating, and filling the air with pumpkin pie smells. We have been extremely lucky in the fact that we only had to buy two pieces of furniture which were the kitchen table and chairs (75$) and our couch (200$). We received a lot of decorations from our wedding and I think it is because people knew I loved to decorate but it has been fun finding places for everything in our cute little abode. Now that Tanner works nights, I hardly see him and sometimes find it pointless to make a real dinner but yesterday I made the yummiest broccoli and cheese soup! The recipe is super easy and really delicious... you just have to pretend you don't know what your putting in it ;). Here is the recipe and ENJOY!

2 bunches (about 1 lb) fresh broccoli
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups grated cheddar cheese

Cook broccoli just until tender. Do not overcook. Drain and cut into small pieces; set aside. Saute chopped onion in the 1/4 cup butter until tender; set aside. In a large saucepan or soup pot prepare a white sauce: melt the 1/2 cup butter over medium heat, then stir in flour until well blended. Gradually stir in milk, chicken broth, and salt. Stir constantly until mixture reaches a boil. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened. Add broccoli and onion. Stir in cheese. Cook briefly over medium heat. Avoid bringing to a boil. Serve immediately or keep warm over low heat. Makes 6-8 servings. DELICIOUS!! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images