My first Thanksgiving with the Cluffs

6:29 PM


I am so happy to be blogging again! Tanner and I suffered for 2 weeks without Internet and I really don't know how we survived without it before. This blog is going to be catch up from Thanksgiving.
We had a very scary drive down to Arizona as you can see... our view was not crisp and clear. We were driving on a sheet of ice all the way to Cedar City and our windshield was impossible to look through. Tanner was freaking out while I stayed calm in the passenger seat. I am just glad that he was driving and not me :). The minute we made it to Arizona, we met his family at a restaurant that the Cluff family loves called El Charro. It is a hole in a wall/Mexican type of restaurant but it is surprisingly really yummy!
The Thanksgiving weekend was so much fun. I loved being with family and being able to relax. I felt like I was able to relax TOO much and didn't feel like I did ANYTHING! Next time I am going to make my mother in law put down her cooking utensil and make me do something! The food was delicious. This was my first time having turkey from a pit in the ground.. WOW it was soooo good. Tanner and I also experienced black Friday for the first time and it was definitely an experience... I'm not sure if I would do it again. We waited for 5 hours outside Target because we wanted to get a 40 inch TV for $300. I didn't think I could freeze to death in Arizona but now I think you can. We were both so cold huddled under 5 blankets patiently waiting till 4AM. We got our TV and we were so excited! It made it all worth it to wait. We also got our first fake Christmas tree and some $1 towels. As I was standing in the huge line, a woman behind me was talking to me for a while. She started talking about how crazy this was and how materialistic she thought black Friday was and I kind of felt stupid with my huge TV and my Christmas tree in my cart. I probably won't be doing it again.... well unless there is something I really need (want ;)).
The next day was a struggle for me as I tried to catch up on sleep but over all the whole vacation was a success. You can never play enough games, or snack on enough pie. I loved my first Thanksgiving with the Cluff's and I look forward to more. Sorry I didn't take any pictures :(

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images