My early Christmas present

2:54 PM






Friday night Tanner announced to me as we were going to his work Christmas party that he had an early Christmas present to give to me when we got home. I was SO excited because I love surprises and I had no idea what it could be. Well Tanner can't hold on to surprises very long so he told me what it was like 10 minutes later. He surprised me with tickets to the Ballet West Nutcracker for Saturday night. I had been secretly giving him hints that I wanted to go but I really didn't think he would do it... or that maybe he would forget, but no he didn't and the next night we had a lovely evening at the Nutcracker. This was Tanner's first ballet and I think he actually enjoyed it... for the most part. I guess you can't force someone to love something as much as you do. I grew up going to the nutcracker and being in the nutcracker in various ballet productions that it has been a tradition for me that I wanted to share with him especially for our first Christmas together. I know that he did this mostly for me but at least he pretended he enjoyed it and we had a wonderful time. Hopefully I will have daughters that share the same passion for ballet as I do so I can take them someday and give Tanner a break ;). I guess next on the list is a sports game for him. Thanks Tanner for the best Christmas present you could have given me this year. I am one who thinks experiences are way better than receiving material items... especially when those experiences are with those you love.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images