Art City Days

10:20 AM






My mom took this picture and obviously couldn't work my camera because she totally  missed my face.


This week has been so much fun! Springville puts on Art City Days every year and this was my first year experiencing the festivities. Michelle and I entered our babies into the beautiful baby photo contest. We are still waiting to see the results. We went EVERYDAY and voted for our babies. It was totally obvious that our babies were the cutest so if they don't win... something went wrong ;).

The library had a "teddy bear tea party" where they had story time, crafts, and snacks for the children. Bradley and Chloe were a little too young but it was fun for us just to see our friends and get out of the house for a while.

We also went to the Cake Decorating contest and I really wished I brought my camera. The cakes were amazing and I was very impressed with the talent and patience people have to make such extravagant cakes. Michelle and I thought we could have entered but after seeing the competition we would have looked SO stupid!

The Quilt show was very neat and again... how do these people have such patience? My favorite quilt was one that had patches of different colored dresses and would look darling in a little girl's room. In fact, little girls went straight to this quilt and were asking how much it was because they loved it. Oh how I wish I took a picture!

The carnival was really fun. My brother, Andrew, was putting his entrepreneur skills to work  and was running his Italian ice stand. I love the smells, sounds, and whole atmosphere of carnivals and fairs... it just screams summer to me. My mom came down on Wednesday and so Michelle and I went with our babies and it wasn't crowded at all (as you can tell from the pictures). Tanner and I went with Michelle and Mike on Friday night so we could switch off watching babies while we went on rides. It was a little more crowded but still fun since it was at night and the carnival lights were on. We were both able to ride the ferris wheel with our hubbies and have a very romantic time (oh movie,"Notebook".. how you put ideas into our heads).

The best part... well I should say for those who were watching ,was probably the hypnotist show. I actually had the guts and courage to go up there. The minute I was sitting in the chair in front of ALL those people... I was SO scared. I regretted going up there and my heart was pounding outside of my chest. I thought for sure it was not going to work on me since I was so nervous.  I guess I was so sleep deprived that the hypnosis worked really well on me and I was totally under. I became the star of the show. Now if anyone knows me... this is NOT like me at all. I am not the outgoing type to just go on the stage and do these crazy embarrassing things in front of tons of strangers. The hypnotist had me screaming, "he's the man!" every time he mentioned his name. Can you imagine? me.. this soft spoken girl screaming this out in front of tons of people randomly throughout the show. I also had to do things like hula dancing/ YMCA dancing/ and thriller dancing. Tanner's favorite part was when I was in my sports car driving down the highway with the wind blowing my hair. My brother-in-law taped most of it so I was able to watch how embarrassing and funny I apparently was. I guess I know I can get hypnotized... and really well!

Saturday they had a parade and there will be fireworks tonight but Tanner and I might just watch it from Michelle and Mike's deck. We are a little pooped out from all of the activities this week. Who knew Springville, UT could be so much fun! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images