Father's Day Weekend

8:56 AM

This weekend was a fun one. On Saturday morning, Tanner was able to go play Tennis with Michael (our brother in law). He has been wanting to play for a long time. When he got home we decided to go to Cheesecake Factory for lunch... who could argue with that? So we both got out usual... Louisiana chicken pasta and chicken Madeira. We also topped it off with banana creme cheesecake... also our fave. Chloe was getting fussy towards the end so we rushed out of there and headed home so Chloe could hopefully fall asleep in the car. Tanner spent the afternoon with his little girl while I did some procrastinated shopping for Father's day. Tanner really needed some new shoes so I searched the mall up and down until I finally decided on some Nike's. I already knew that he would most likely return them so it was more of the idea that I was going for. I also bought him two shirts. Before returning home, I picked up last minute groceries for dinner on Sunday. The rest of the Saturday was spent cuddling next to each other watching Greys. Tanner and I both couldn't wait any longer so I let him open his presents Saturday night! He loved the shirts and was unsure about the shoes, so we're going to go shopping later this week to see what else is out there.

Chicken Madeira from Cheesecake Factory... YUM!

Sunday was Tanner's FIRST Father's day!! He was able to sleep in, watch El Dorado (John Wayne), cuddle with Chloe, and anxiously wait for his Father's day meal. His favorite meal of all time is roast, mashed potatoes, and rolls. That is exactly what I did while also adding a Caesar salad and Martinelli's. Brownies and ice cream were for desert. We finished off the newest season of Grey's and I about cried my heart out. I can't wait for the next season to air!



My favorite gift to Tanner was a storybook that I made called "Daddy and Me." I made it on Shutterfly and it had pictures of Tanner and Chloe all over it. He was able to read it to her when she went to bed. I just know Chloe will love that book and will want it read to her over and over again. Here is what was written inside:

"Daddy and Me"

Daddy loves me because
he held me so tight
that very first night

He gave me my first kiss.

Daddy loves to cuddle
and wraps his arms around me,
He makes me feel safe
and part of his family.

Daddy loves me
so he gave me a name and a blessing

When I wake up
and give daddy the biggest smile,
he lets me know
it's definitely worth his while.

Easter, Christmas, birthdays too,
daddy will spoil me like daddies do.

Daddy makes me giggle
and tickles my toes,
Daddy, welcome to a world
of ruffles and hair bows.

My chubby cheeks and pretty smile
melts my daddy's heart...
He even loves me when I fart!

Stinky, messy, poopy diapers...
they don't phase my daddy much.
My daddy sure loves me,
I can feel it in his soft touch.

I am daddy's hang out buddy
I'm his little girl
dancing is my favorite
we dance and we twirl.

Daddy loves reading to me
and holding me so tight.
He turns out the lights
and kisses me goodnight.


Happy Fathers Day!! :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images