My Mount Everest

9:38 PM

My dad announces that some people in his ward are going to hike Mount Timpanogas and that we (Tanner and I) should come along. We decided to go and boy oh boy was it a day! It is three days after the hike and I am still so sore. I guess I should have trained a little more than I did...Tanner has done this hike two times before but evenly spaced so he described it as giving child birth... you kinda forget about it and so that is why you end up doing it again. I am still recovering from the hike and it might be  LONG time before I attempt it again. Tanner had doubts that I would even make it to the top but I am proud to say that I DID make it to the top!! Everyone in my family who came made it to the top... even my 55 year old dad. The total mileage of this hike was 15 miles.. with half of that going uphill. The hardest part was actually coming down. I couldn't believe that I had walked all that I had and expected the hike to end sooner than it did. My knees, hips, ankles.. were hurting by the time we got back to the car but at least I can say that I conquered this mountain. We started at 7am (waking up at 5) and got back to the car at 3:30.  I'm glad I have the sweetest husband in the world because he had to coach me a few times and even hold my camelback in some spots. The tippity top was really scary.. these pictures don't really do it justice but it is rocky, slippery, and very vertical. A few of us were really scared and refused to look out. Now I can say that I have hiked Timpanogas!!!

Mt. Timpanogas

Early in the hike... all smiles


taking a break: Mike, Michelle, Dad, Paul

Still pretty early on in the hike

We had already hiked 3 1/2 hrs of the hike when we saw what we still had to do.

view from the top!



My friend from high school, Karly, came on the hike with her family.



This was the scariest part


family with others from the ward

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images