Happy Fourth of July!

8:38 PM

 Tanner, Chloe, and I started our Fourth of July celebration by attending the Provo Parade. We got so lucky in the fact that we parked a block away (at the apartment complex where we met) and snatched a front row spot that someone had been saving and didn't need anymore. Chloe enjoyed the princesses aka pageant winners and the different school bands. They even had a huge balloon Squirrel held up by multiple strings. Chloe and I took our afternoon naps and when we woke up we were ready for more celebrating. Our little family went out to eat at Texas Road House since we won't be able to have the luxury of eating out soon. We came home to a house full of people who were hiding inside to escape the 99 degree weather. I caught a few snapshots of the grandchildren and of my family. My brother brought Rocco, the brown haired Boston Terrier to play with Tara. Around 7:30 pm we all headed up to Andrew's lot that he just barely bought. His lot is right by the Y hike and has an amazing view of Utah valley. We set up canopies, chairs, and blankets and enjoyed watching all of the private firework shows throughout the valley. We also enjoyed homemade peach ice cream that Tanner made... yum. My mom made her traditional flag cake that also doubled as Michelle's birthday cake which unfortunately did not get eaten. I was craving it the next day though let me tell you. Chloe lasted the whole evening and loved watching the fireworks. She was a little scared by them and added her commentary the whole night. The Stadium of Fire fireworks completed the night and our Fourth of July. By 10:30 we were packed up, in our car, and Chloe fast asleep. I am so grateful to live in this country and for the freedoms that I enjoy. I always get emotional thinking about our veterans and all that they have done to serve our country. God bless America.



















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images