The weekend update

5:39 PM


The weekend started early this week. It started on Thursday because Tanner decided to stay up during the day and sleep up until work instead of the other way around. We spent the day enjoying the beautiful warm weather by hiking bridal veil falls. We had a picnic and played a new game that Tanner got me for Mothers day called Pandemic. It is a great game for couples and especially if you are the competitive type, because you work together against the game instead of each other. After getting enough vitamin D we headed home and Tanner went to bed while I went to the temple. I love going to the temple. I always learn something new and I just love the atmosphere of being in the Lord's house. I ended the night with American Idol :).

Friday morning I met up with my friend, Lauren, who I met my senior year in high school. She is leaving for Boston for grad school pretty soon and I am really going to miss her. From the short 6 months that I lived in Connecticut, she is definitely the closest friend I have and still keep in touch with. We had brunch at Ruth's Diner up in Emigration Canyon and it was delicious! Apparently this diner is famous and has been on TV. After catching up with her I went to visit my Grandma since I was up in Salt Lake already. It is always nice visiting with her and I always feel like I walk away with more wisdom... weird? I personally think that Grandmothers are the best advice givers. That night I came home to my sweet husband and we watched Harry Potter (his choice). We are both excited for the last movie to come out and knowing my husband, we will be there at midnight.

Saturday I went to a baby shower for my friend Kristin. It was fun seeing her cute belly and talking with her about her pregnancy. She is having a boy and they are naming him Kael. She definitely is one of those pregnant ladies who is skinny everywhere except for a tiny little bump... lucky. I had fun visiting with my other high school lady friends as well. It is weird how grown up everyone is with their careers and husbands. It seems like just yesterday that we were all in high school together. Tanner and I treated ourselves to some red mango and relaxed the rest of the evening. I am planning on being outside most of the day tomorrow since it is supposed to be beautiful.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images