Through a Mother's Eyes

12:18 PM


My favorite thing has changed since two months ago. Now it is holding my baby and watching her fall asleep in my arms. There is nothing more important to me than my little family. I know now why days go by so much faster with babies. It is because you become lost in the moment of time when you are holding an infant... especially when it is yours. She means EVERYTHING to me. Becoming a mother has put a whole new perspective on life.
For the first month, I will admit that I had the baby blues and minor depression. It took me a while to bond with Chloe and I am not sure if it is because she was rushed away from me so fast after delivery or if the NICU had something to do with it. I always heard people say that there is an instant bond and loving relationship that is like no other. I was waiting for that... and maybe I had my hopes too high for such a romantic idea but I was confused as to why I didn't feel it. As time went along and I took care of my precious sweetheart it hit me. She is my world. Like I said earlier, she means EVERYTHING to me.
My perspective has changed as to what is important. FAMILY. I love Chloe Elizabeth so much and there are just not words to express. She is my angel and miracle. Sometimes I just sit there and cry with joy as I hold her and gaze at her peaceful face. She is perfect and she is mine. She is almost 2 months and I really want to stop time. She cracks me up when she farts and burps like an old man. It is the best part of my day when I get to see her smile (I know I am probably biased but her smile is seriously the cutest). Her long fingers and toes keep me wondering what she will want to do when she is older... a piano player or dancer maybe? Her porcelain baby doll lips and chubby cheeks are just so kissable. I feel proud when her eyes open real big when she notices a new sound or new object. I love my baby girl.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images