Chips and Salsa Everyday

12:41 PM

Tanner and Tyler with their baby girls
Aunt Whitney and Chloe
Aunt Cami and Chloe
My first time shooting a shot gun


Best Friends-Best Cousins
Emma and Chloe



Heather Wilkinson and Chloe
Chloe loving the car ride to Arizona... I would too if I could sleep the whole time.
Papa and his grandaughters, Chloe and Natalie.

I love visiting Mesa. There is something about the warm weather, palm trees, and visiting famiy that screams vacation to me. Tanner and I took a long president's day weekend and drove down to Arizona. We had to show off our new addition to the rest of the Cluff family. Chloe did amazing for both 10-hour drives back and forth. We only had to stop twice to feed her and then she pretty much slept the whole time.
The first night I was spoiled and got to go see Wicked with all the girls. We started the evening by eating at Tia Rosa's. I loved the garden/Mexican feel to this restaurant and I would highly recomend it to anyone. I probably loved the atmosphere more than the food but that is not saying much since I don't love Mexican food to begin with. It was fun catching up with the girls. After dinner we headed over to the theater to see my all time favorite broadway play. This was my third time seeing it. Out of the three times, I would say this was my 2nd favorite version. My first would still have to be the original one with Kristin Chenoweth in New York. Thank you Thank you Mom for spoiling us that night! :)
The next day I was exhausted from driving the day before and from staying up late with Chloe, but that didn't stop Tanner and I from soaking in all the family we could get. We went to lunch at El Charro (which is not my favorite but the Cluffs love it so I happily tagged along). Later that night the adults went out to eat at Texas Road House... YUM. I love that vacation is an excuse to eat out because I love eating out.
Saturday Morning I visited my old college roommate, Heather. She moved to Mesa about 9 months ago with her husband Adam. Her house is turning into a home as she and Adam renovate it. I love what she has started to do with it and am jealous that she is already getting to decorate a house. It was fun for her to meet Chloe and to catch up with a friend. Later the whole Cluff family met at a park and we had a picnic and played vollyball. I joined into the game halfway through and seconds later was hit in the face by Brandon... on accident ;) It is a good thing I have a hard head. I actually had good timing because while I was playing vollyball, Chloe decided to have a huge blowout and Tanner had to clean it up :).
After the park, some of us went shot gun shooting near Canyon Lake. I started to get sick driving up the windy road to get there but was alright once I stepped outside. I was scared to death to shoot the gun but decided I needed to try it just once. I didn't shoot anything but just wanted to pull the trigger. This is how it went down...
Tanner," Ok so just hold it tight against the meat of your shoulder so that it won't kick as much."
Danielle," Wow this thing is heavy... wow I'm scared, I can't do this."
Tanner," You don't need to this if you don't want to."
Danielle," No I'm doing it but will you be right there the whole time?"
Tanner," Yes I won't move."
Danielle," Ok... Ok..."
BOOM! Scream! (by me)
Danielle," Ouch... wow that is really scary!"
I conquered my fear of shooting a gun. Maybe next time I can try shooting something.
Saturday night Chloe kept us up ALL night so going to church the next morning at 8:30
AM was a challenge but we did it. We only stayed home from sacrament so I could catch up on some snoozes before family came over again. Sunday was a lazy day of visiting, eating delicious food, and seeing Grandma Cluff. It was fun taking pictures of cute Emma who was born only 3 days after Chloe. It is crazy how much taller Chloe is than Emma. It will be fun to watch them grow up and play together.
Monday morning, Tanner and I visited Tyler and Marrie and their cute daughter Brielle (who is already 14 months). Tyler is Tanner's friend from High School so it was fun to see them together with their babes. For lunch we got Pete's Fish and Chips because we HAD to get that while we were down ther. We had a food list of must eats while we were down here which included El Charro, Pete's, and Bahama Bucks (which we got later that evening).
The trip was a good break for me while I wasn't constantly worried about Chloe since she was ALWAYS in someone's arms. Tanner was able to read and relax from his usual busy busy schedule. It was just what the doctor ordered for both of us. We are excited to head back in a month for Easter.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images