The best Two Years

2:47 PM

Happy Anniversary to us! It is so hard to believe that I have been married to my sweetheart for two years! It feels like he has always been a part of my life and I can't imagine what it would be like without him. We celebrated it on Saturday even though our real anniversary is on Monday.

First we spent the afternoon at the Tulip Festival. Mike, Michelle, and Bradley joined us. It was a beautiful day to go and I loved being outside and enjoying the warm spring air. My brother, Andrew, was actually pursuing his entrepreneur dreams and was selling Italian ice... so we had to buy some Italian ice (not that it was hard not too). The tulip festival has turned into a little tradition for Tanner and I on our anniversary. Last year we found out that I was pregnant with Chloe so it was fun to bring her and remember the past year.

After being exhausted from the sun, we met my parents at Cafe Rio for lunch. After lunch, we handed Chloe over to my parents to babysit while we went off and celebrated the rest of the day... just the two of us. :)

We shopped at the new City Creek in downtown Salt Lake.  First we put our names down for the Cheesecake Factory (a favorite of ours) and then shopped around while we waited the "50 minute wait." I loved being able to just hold Tanner's hand and walk the shops. We came back to the Restaurant to wait the remaining minutes (at least that's what we thought). Tanner checked our beeper at an hour and ten minutes and they said we were the next ones on the list... 30 min later I go up and check it and they said they beeped us 30 min ago... what?! So after being frustrated about waiting for longer than we had to, we finally got to sit down and enjoy a meal together.

After stuffing our faces we move on to our next activity. I thought the plan was to go to my parent's house and rent a movie and watch it in my parent's theater room and then spending the night in the basement with no disruptions from Chloe. That was the one thing that I wanted... a good night's rest. To my surprise... Tanner pulls into the Little America Hotel and says that we are staying here instead! I was ecstatic! Tanner had planned this for a couple weeks and was able to keep it from me... that is very hard to do since I usually figure out his surprises.

After checking in and getting settled, we searched the movies on the hotel TV. We ended up watching, "Man On A Ledge." It was a dream just laying there with my honey and watching a movie.. it has been a while since we have been able to do that. I was able to sleep the WHOLE night and it was JUST what I needed.  If there was a machine that let you replay a day over and over again.. this would be one of them. It was a perfect day and I can't wait to see what our third year of marriage will bring.  Every year I love Tanner more and more. He is the BEST decision I have ever made. Happy Two years babe. xoxo
 Michelle and Chloe enjoying the sunshine
 Chloe is one happy girl
 Tulip Festival
The outing wiped her out!



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images