St. George

9:44 AM

Tanner and I splurged for our birthdays last year and spent the weekend in St. George to go see Tuachan's production of Little Mermaid. We loved it so much, we suggested it to my dad for a family trip for next year. We ended up going and this year's production was Aladdin. It was very entertaining with fireworks, 3D cave scene, and a flying magic carpet ride. I can't wait til I can take Chloe to these shows someday because I think she would absolutely love it. The theater is an outdoor amphitheatre in the middle of red rock and it is so gorgeous. One reason why I love it so much is because of the surroundings. Next year they are showing Marry Poppins so we'll see if we make it down again.



 
On the way down I was a little nervous for the 3 1/2 hour drive with babies but both Bradley and Chloe did pretty good (we carpooled with Michelle and Mike). The cutest thing was that Bradley loved reaching for Chloe's hand and holding it. :)
 
 
Friday night was the show and then Saturday was an open day for people do whatever... Tanner wanted to watch the BYU game... of course. Earlier on we went and hiked around the red rock and enjoyed the warm weather. Some of us went swimming and others took naps. My mom was a saint and watched babies.. A LOT. I feel so grateful that she is willing to watch Chloe whenever... she loves her grandbabies. Later, my family went and saw "Argo" and I really enjoyed it. I really love real life stories and get so fascinated that these events really happened in real life. It is rated R for swearing and maybe a few disturbing images but if you can kind of ignore that...I would recommend it.  The plan was to go to dinner afterwards to Outback but Chloe was already so tired so Tanner, my mom, and I were all fighting over who should stay at the hotel with her... Tanner won. I did not want my mom to have to stay with her when she missed out on everything else. Outback was delicious and I brought Tanner back some food. We both hit the sack early since we both knew Chloe would be bright eyed and bushy tailed at 7am.
 
Sunday we lazily lounged around and ate breakfast and finally left for home around 11. The ride home seemed even better than on the way there. The babies slept for the first half of the trip so it was very nice. Thanks mom and dad for a very fun weekend!! Home sweet home for about 24 hours and then I'm off again to Moab.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images