Birthday Week

2:28 PM

Birthday week starts with my birthday and ends with Tanner because our birthdays are exactly a week a part.
 


 Well my birthday was on a Monday this year so it was kinda hard to really celebrate but I would say that Tanner did a really good job (considering he works graveyards and goes to school full time). Monday morning, he was going to let me sleep in for an hour and watch Chloe but Chloe decided to wake up early so I was already up when he got home. He surprised me with breakfast from Einsteins though which was really sweet. He watched her while I took a shower (mothers out there know how hard it is to take showers sometimes). He went to bed and during the day I found a little surprise in Chloe's room. It was a card, and lindt chocolate, my fav! Michelle surprised me with a cute scarf ( which I believe I'm wearing in the pictures) and took me out to lunch. We walked the mall for a little bit and then both took naps with our babies. Tanner went to class and when he got home, he surprised me with a dozen yellow roses, a cupcake from cocoa bean, and sweat pants from Costco... (lol... why not give me something I wear 97% of the time right?). Michelle and Mike offered to listen for Chloe while Tanner and I went out to eat at PFChangs... YUM. We ended the night with dancing with the stars. It was a pretty good day in my book. Plus it's my golden birthday so it can't be anything less than perfect right?

Tuesday:
Now it marked the beginning of my birthday surprises for Tanner. Every day I gave him a little surprise with a picture of us and a little rhyme. As the days got closer to his actual birthday, the pictures progressed through our life together. Today I surprised him with Dr. Pepper and tootsie rolls. It was just what he needed to get him through class that day he claimed. Tanner always say how he doesn't like a big fuss on his birthday but I think he secretly likes it ;) plus it's fun for me.



Wednesday:
Today I surprised Tanner with hygiene products on the bathroom counter. Like I said.. these are all small and somewhat practical gifts. My sister, Jaclyn, flew in today from LA so my mom and her came down to take me out to lunch. Michelle and Andrew tagged along too so it was kinda a family event. We ate at Kneaders and enjoyed visiting since we all don't see each other THAT much.


Thursday:
Today I surprised Tanner with a foot massage... yeah aren't I the nicest? he loves em! So tonight... probably while we watch the premiere of Grey's anatomy I will massage his feet. I also got a hair makeover today. I was debating over so many different options and I finally decided to go for bangs!! I also got a few subtle highlights. So far I am loving the change... what do you think?
 
 
Friday:
Today I surprised Tanner with a different date night rather than the usual dinner and a movie. It was a full moon so Sundance Ski Resort held moonlit lift rides. We cozied up in our warm gear and brought a blanket and cuddled on the ski lift while we soared up into the mountains. It was probably the coolest thing ever and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good date (especially if you want to get to know your partner). We both had hot chocolate which just made everything that much better! Nothing beats getting outside in the fresh air on a romantic lift ride with the love of your life.
 
Saturday:
We were planning on getting away to Park City or something BUT I had a primary program practice this morning so that altered our plans. It's OK though because we are going next weekend. Saturday I went to my practice and helped my 5 year olds say their lines and afterwards raced up to Bountiful to catch my Grandma's 77th birthday party. It was fun seeing some of my extended family on my mom's side.  Tanner was really into his ASU game while I ran errands and did misc stuff in the afternoon. That night we ordered pizza and watch law in order in bed. I planned on making a fort and watching a movie... but we both agreed that we were both too tired. wah wah
 
Sunday:
Tanner had to teach elders quorum and I had my primary program at church. My family came over to celebrate Tanner and mine's birthday. I made Roast and potatoes (Tanner's fave) and Tanner made some delicious peach ice cream. My mom helped a lot with cooking and cleaning so it wasn't like I was making my own birthday dinner. We opened presents, had cake, and visited. My sister, Jaclyn, spent her last night in Utah at Michelle's house, so the three of us stayed up way too late talking about everything and anything. That is probably one of my favorite things... sister talk. :) I even made Jaclyn sleep with me since I hate sleeping alone and Tanner was at work.
 
Monday:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER! The big 26! Tanner usually wakes me up when he gets home from work but today he didn't... :(. I was planning on making him a big breakfast but he had already gone to bed in his dungeon. When he woke up for class at 3 I surprised him with a cupcake, card, and shirts. I kept telling Chloe all day that it was daddy's birthday and that she should give him lots of kisses. When she first saw Tanner she gave him lots of kisses... it was so cute! She totally understands. We ate out at Texas Road house that night and it was yummy in our tummies! :)

 
 
 
 
Birthday week has come to a close... well kinda. We are still going up to Park City with the free points Tanner earned. We are going to go the outlets and maybe go shopping... and just have a fun weekend getaway which we both desperately need. My mom offered to babysit so just the fact that we'll both get a full nights sleep is something to look forward to.
 
Here are the silly poems that I wrote for Tanner each day in case anyone wants to copy ;)
 
T- Lots of loves are coming your way
     Its birthday week, hip hip hooray!!
     Dr. Pepper and tootsie rolls
     will surely wipe away your woes
     You are almost twenty six
     Enjoy this little birthday fix!
 
W- Men are hard to buy for
     Let alone to surprise
     so I'm sorry if I'm giving you
     something worse than ties
     I figure personal hygiene
     is something we all strive for
     so here you go and enjoy
     your favorites and more!
 
TH- You may have homework or school
        which I know can be really cruel
        but tonight it is my treat
        to rub and massage your feet!
 
F-Our first time in Park City
   We gazed for shooting stars
   Let's gaze a little higher
   with the night completely ours
 
S- We may have a little girl
      who makes us feel less than groovy
      but we can still build a fort,
       cuddle and watch a movie.
 
S- A Sunday dinner repeat
      is what you truly love
      Roast, potatoes, and gravy 
      I hope I rise above.
 
M- Balloons, presents, and cake
     I know you don't like a huge fuss
      but man up and deal with it
      because in my book it's a must!
 
 
 
 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images