Christmas 2014

2:25 PM

This year we spent Christmas in Utah at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It had been two years since we had Christmas with my family and it was a really good Christmas. I think what made it so perfect was that we were all there. Since we don't know when that could happen again, we of course all slept over on Christmas Eve. It was like we were little kids again except we had our own kids and spouses of course. To put the cherry on top, we woke up to a white Christmas... Tanner's first in fact. Here is Christmas in a nutshell. 

We acted out the Nativity (and by acting out I mean we all dressed up in costumes and read the story out loud). Chloe and Bradley made a cute Mary and Joseph. I love this tradition and I can't wait til the grandchildren get a little older so they can act it out and adults can observe. 

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner of ham and potatoes.
Sibling presents were open on Christmas Eve because none of us could wait any longer. I had Mike this year and bought him a Charles Eames Mid Century Modern Chair print. I think he was pleasantly surprised. Tanner had Andrew and ordered him a T-shirt that a Boston Terrier wearing a suit on it. Gina had me and got me a lens cleaner and a stuffed monkey to put around my lens. Jaclyn had Tanner and gave him a poker set and golf balls. As siblings, we try really hard to not just give gift cards but to try and be creative. 

After most of the children were down, all of us played pictionary and it was so fun. I love my family and I love playing games with my family.
Christmas morning was full of anticipation and excitement. It was snowing outside and the grandchildren were up looking at their stockings. Chloe ate her chocolate right away and loved seeing what fun things were in her stocking. Christmas is so much fun as a parent. Grandma made German pancakes and a sausage breakfast casserole that was delicious. We let all of the grandchildren open their gifts first. Chloe's big gifts from Santa were a baby cradle and high chair. William received a huge teddy bear that he loved. Mom and Dad opened William's gifts because he was actually taking a nap... but that's okay, he won't know. The adults opened gifts and I felt spoiled. Tanner was excited about guitar hero and I was excited about my photography class and Blendtec. The fun moment for all of us was when we got to surprise Dad with a gift out in the garage. We built it up and acted like it was a brand new car (and I think he thought it was too) but it was a bike trailer so he can pull the grandkids around while he goes on bike rides. He loved it! There were hardly any returns which was awesome! Christmas couldn't have been more perfect.
Christmas day was spent lounging in pajamas and visiting family. We skyped with Tanner's brother Chris who is serving his mission in Portugal. He comes home in March and it was really fun to talk to him and to hear how his mission has been. He seems so much more mature than when he left. We also called Nana later and let her watch Chloe open her gift from them. She received a princess towel with her name on it that she loves. Michelle and Paul's families went to see the in-laws and we stayed the weekend. Andrew, Tanner, and I went and saw "Imitation Game" on Christmas and it was so good. The roads were a little scary since it had been snowing all day but we made Andrew drive. When we got back I realized that I had to get ready for the next party which is... Chloe's Birthday! My mom helped me (as exhausted as we both were) and we pulled it off but I'll save the details for the next post. Overall Christmas was exhausting yet so fun. We partied hard for a few days. Now that it is January, you can feel the world recovering form the holidays. You  never realize how much work, and clean up, and preparation, and wrapping, and cooking etc. that is involved in making the holidays magical when  you are a kid but I really appreciate it now. Thank you Mom and Dad for making Christmas memorable my whole life and continuing to do so. This year's Christmas was full of love and service and I'm grateful I got to spend this holiday with my family.





















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images