Grandma D'Agostini

7:39 AM

We celebrated my grandma turning the big 80! Andrew made a video of a bunch of videos made by most of her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It varied from people saying happy birthday to sharing a favorite memory of Grandma.  It was so sweet and I shed a tear or two. When I think about the life my Grandma led it brings tears to my eyes. She truly is an incredible woman. The older I get, the more I realize the hardships and trials she went through and how she overcame them and still is. My favorite memories of Grandma are when we spent summers with her in Ione, California. I remember going into her room and playing dress up with her scarves. I remember her making peanut butter cookies and doing the criss cross design on top with a fork. I remember performing plays with my cousins for her and just watching her as she sat outside with Grandpa looking out at their view. She is a beautiful woman and she still radiates that beauty. She loves to  decorate her house and I think I got that love from her. She is constantly rearranging her furniture and putting new decor up.  Even with how weak her body has become, she still finds the energy to keep her home looking beautiful. She always knew how to make things beautiful. That is just one of the things that I love about her. I have to mention how intelligent and wise she is.  I loved when she lived in our basement when I was in Junior High. I used to go downstairs and ask her for help with homework and she always was the biggest help... especially with English (my least favorite subject). I could go on and on about my lovey, sweet, Grandma. I love love LOVE her with all of my heart and I hope I can be as awesome as she is when I am a Grandma. Chloe loves to hang out with her and there is no wonder why.  I love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images