Party All Week Long

11:31 AM

So the day after my birthday, Tanner and I went out on a date to celebrate both of our birthdays while Michelle and Mike watched our children. Tanner picked the restaurant and I picked the movie. He chose Tucahnos and I chose "Everest" for the movie.  It was so nice to have an evening out. Usually we just go out to movies while M&M listen but the fact that we got both dinner and a movie was a treat. 
For Tanner's birthday I tried to make his as special as mine was. I sort of failed. When Tanner came home from work he picked up Shirley's cinnamon rolls and he was smothered with hugs, kisses, and songs from the kids. Then I had him open his two presents which were the fails. I got him an ASU shirt and a button down shirt which he wanted to return both. Oh well... he is ridiculously hard to buy for. I told him he could just go shopping and find something he likes... but the thing is he won't ever do it. He also has an ASU hat coming that didn't arrive in time. Hopefully he will like that. Then he slept for the day since he worked all night and that evening his brother and sister in law, Chris and Leslie, arrived from Arizona to stay with us for the weekend. We all went out to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. The children were a little restless but overall it was an enjoyable dinner. Chris and Leslie went to a missionary reunion and then we came home, put the kids to bed, and then watched our TV shows again while I massaged Tanner's feet... for a long time. I could tell he wasn't feeling like it was his birthday so I wanted to make it up to him.
The next day he blew out candles that were on top of a pop cake that was at his request. All weekend we were able to visit with family and enjoy conference. On Saturday night we met up with Brandon and Shanna and went to Maglebys for dinner. It has been a fun couple of weeks I must say. We are ready to get back on track with our budget and our diet. Happy Birthday Tanner, we love you and appreciate all that you are!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images