Turning 27

11:07 AM

Well it all started with my birthday. It was a very ordinary simple birthday but one of my best yet. I must have had extra angels hovering over me because I don't know... I just felt really blessed and overwhelmed with gratitude for all of my blessings. 
First, Tanner came home early from work at 6:30 AM and let me sleep in! That right there was the best present ever! When I woke up at 8:30 (I was so excited to wake up because you know... it's my birthday) Tanner and Chloe had decorated the house with balloons hanging from the ceiling and a birthday banner. I felt very loved and special in that moment. It's funny how much balloons and party decor makes a difference. It probably just brings back happy memories from my childhood. I ended up keeping up the decorations the entire week so Tanner could enjoy them too on his day.
Second, I showered (which every mom knows is like going to the spa for 10 minutes). Tanner got passes from work to go to Thanksgiving Point, so I invited Michelle and the boys to come with me and the kids to Country Farm. It was a little warm and crowded but besides that it was a fun outing with the kids. We raced back to meet up for lunch at Chik fil A with another girl friend from the ward, Rachel Langford. I loved not having to make my kids lunch! 
Third, after our outing to the farm and lunch, both children took good naps and I had alone time for two hours! What?! I read a book snuggled up on the couch and enjoyed the silence. 
Fourth, Tanner woke up and we all went out to the Food Truck Round Up for dinner. There is a food truck called Fiore that has the best pizza! Since it is outside, it is kid friendly so we didn't have to deal with restaurant kid tantrums. 
Fifth, all of my favorite shows returned for the season that night so after the kids were asleep Tanner and I indulged in a very relaxing evening at home. Need I see simply perfect? I mean yes, nothing super extravagant happened today but it was just good. A very good ordinary day. 
I can't forget to mention what Tanner got me. He got me white converse shoes and "Gifted Hands" book by Ben Carson. Chloe helped me make brownies and drew me the sweetest picture. William gave me extra kisses that day because he knew something was up and that today was my day. Happy Birthday to me... so far 27 doesn't look too shabby. 









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images